Job Opportunities at Nafasi Art Space
Internships at Nafasi Art Space
Nafasi Art Space is a Contemporary Art Space in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania started in 2008. It is situated on the edge of an industrial terrain and a residential area in Mikocheni B, Dar es Salaam in an old warehouse with a large plot. On its premises there are 30 studios, in- and outdoor exhibition spaces and more than 50 member artists. Nafasi’s overall aim is to be the leading Contemporary Art Centre in Tanzania providing opportunities for training, exchange and exhibition of contemporary arts locally, regionally and beyond.
We are looking for interns to be a part of our small but passionate team. Interns will be a part of the daily operations of the organization and will gain valuable hands-on work experience in arts management. Working at Nafasi will help interns gain a variety of skills, experience and contacts that will be helpful for a future career as an artist, curator, arts manager, etc. Interns also gain exposure to a large network of artists and creatives, have access to workshops, special events, rehearsal and studio space, and other opportunities to gain and improve their artistic skills.
*Preference will be given to applicants from the global south, especially from Africa
As an intern at Nafasi, you will be a part of:
– Preparation, coordination, and implementation of events and programmes, including exhibitions, artist residencies, film screenings, concerts, festivals, and workshops.
– Support in marketing and promotions
– Proposals and fundraising
– Administrative support (reports, documentation, proposals, etc)
– Assisting artists in residence
– Fluency in KiSwahili and/or English
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Computer skills
– Relevant field of study and/or strong personal interest in the arts/culture sector
– Independent and trustworthy, good time management skills, flexible and willing to learn on the job
– Available at least four days a week for a minimum of three months and on evenings of events
- Experience with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
We accept applications on a rolling basis. Normally we have space for 1-3 interns at a time, who are expected to work full time for a minimum of 3 months.
Application should include:
- Motivation letter explaining why you would like to work at Nafasi Art Space
- CV/resume (no longer than 2 pages)
- Requested dates of internship
Please email your application to email@example.com